Saturday, January 22, 2011

What was old is new again




Superman Earth One is DC comics attempt at updating the Superman character for a new generation. The beautiful thing about this book is that it is a self contained story. You don't have to wait till next month like a monthly comic series. I honestly don't know why someone didn't do this sooner. The story is great it read like if it will be a series of books (which it is). I really enjoyed the way that the story played out. I won't ruin it for you but I will say that I loved the way the supporting characters were treated. The story centers around Superman but it is the supporting characters that really make this book shine. By the end of the story forget Superman I want to be Jimmy Olsen. Don't get me wrong Superman is the main focus of the story and the creative team does a great job of showing why Superman is Superman. If you get a chance to pick this up I whole heartily recommend giving it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment